Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?

Article about: Morning gents I am considering adding these goggles to my collection to display with my Canadian Dispatch Riders helmet but all the literature I can find refer to them as aviator goggles. I

Those look like good British UK goggles years ago I had a pair in the brown cardboard box marked with a Luftwaffe eagle and sold as such. Maybe some of the older members remember this. They were susposed to have originated in the UK they were identical to the ones you show. They would work well for a Canadian display. timothy
    Last edited by timothy; 01-06-2014 at 09:38 PM.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Despatch rider Private H. McDowell of The 48th Highlanders of Canada delivering a message to the battalion’s advanced headquarters, Regalbuto, Italy, 4 August 1943.
    (-PIC-)
    It's a pretty good photo and the goggles look very similar to me!....
    Great shot! Does a body good to see a crisp pic of the bike.
    Goggles, SMG, the look of the determined dispatch rider not too shabby either.

Nice goggles - harder to find these days.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks to all that replied I have ordered a set from the seller the tins all seem war time dated from 39-44 I will update the thread once they arrive with a few more images .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?   Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?  

Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?   Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?  

Here's a similar set I use with my Aussie DR helmet, I've always known these as DR goggles

?

Thanks for the input Rene nice set up I will be mounting a nice worn two tone camo net to my DR helmet and add the goggles much the same as the image of the Canadian sapper I have pictured above in post #14.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks to all that replied I have ordered a set from the seller the tins all seem war time dated from 39-44 I will update the thread once they arrive with a few more images .

Regards Mark K
    Another hard to find pair of goggles on the first photo.

Most of the example I see are either no rubber pads or in really bad conditions.

The U.S. also made identical ones, however some of them have a black C Boad-Arrow stamped on the rubber pad (frontal).

I have one fine U.S. example with the rubber pad still on, and a CDN version without the rubber pad on.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Hi Taka you are correct the ones with the foam/rubber dust boots are very scarce actually I was holding off buying a pair of goggles till a pair like the ones pictured above came up but it has been a long wait so I opted for the other style for now .
    When I find a pair with the rubber dust boots I will add them as well.

Regards Mark K

I myself like goggles as well.

I have around 80+ CDN "Rommel Goggles" with brown paper packages.

That is the most numbered single object I have in my collection.

I don't get tired of them at all.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

LOL that is a lot of goggles Taka are they the anti gas type please share a couple of images I am intrigued.
    If you ever want to part with a couple of sets let me know possibly we could do a little bit of horse trading as it were.

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast