Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Right sealing filter with the hose?

Article about: Hi mates.I just found this nice Mk IV gas mask.I am wondering if the hose was sealed right to the filter with this material i hasn't seen before.Any help welcome.Many thanks(i am asking for

Default Re: Right sealing filter with the hose?

Thanks a lot mate.Am i right that this used at the mid-war ,late war examples?

Looks good to me also, I have seen this method of attaching the filter quite a few times before. I'm not too sure if it was implemented at a certain time during the war or it was just something done to certain batches.

Thanks

Danny

Thanks mate.This is that i am afraid about.If finnaly manage to buy it can i say that i have a MkIV gas mask as issued to British soldiers?Thanks again

one update.All the examples i have seen with this method are late 1941,mid 1942

I am going for it 'cause my MkV didn't stop showing small blisters and blisters at the hose

What do you think mate.Are these made for military propose?Thanks

Its difficult to say, I can't definitely say yes or definitely say no.... one explanation as to why it has this type of clip instead of the usual wire is that the filter may have been replaced for some reason, and it would be easier to put one of these clips on than to attempt to re-attach wire.

Thanks

Danny

I think you have a point.I dont think that this clip can make the difference.This MkIV maybe has first the brown-yellowish filter(Regarding this,do you know if this filter used during ww2?).Many Thanks for your time and help

AGHGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!I lost the mask from my own mistake.Very sad and angry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2