Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Royal Mail question

Article about: Mates i just saw my ebay summary and i reliazed that my civilian duty respirator sent by the seller.So i imagine that senting gas masks from UK is Ok

Default Royal Mail question

Hi mates.I just heared that the UK post changed the standarts of the items can anyone send.I am looking for a P37 e-tool and a MKV gas mask.Is this a problem for them to reach at me in Greece?Many Thanks for your time and help

Default Re: Royal Mail question

A guide to Royal Mail prohibited goods can be found here: Prohibited goods
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thanks mate.I ''asbestos'' at the list.MKV filters contain asbestos.Do you think that can be a problem.Thanks again!

- - Updated - -

''Except when sent as a sample fixed in a resin, plastic or glass matrix'' also says this for asbestos

These items are ok to ship outside the UK however I would have thought based on the weight that the cost would be massive,I just recieved gas mask from the US without any problems other than those blasted custom charges.............Jake.

Jake you have a point but the shipping for every of these 2 items is about 10-12 pounds that i can afford it.Thank you for you time

Yes the blue asbestos is contained within the packaging itself so there's no danger except when you open it seal the canister vents with PVA type glue which will render it completely harmless,good luck with deal............Jake.

Yes i know this method.I'll see what can i do...Thanks again . I was just afraid because i saw the word asbestos at the list of the prohibited goods that Royal Mail is unable to send

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    Thanks mate.I ''asbestos'' at the list.MKV filters contain asbestos.Do you think that can be a problem.Thanks again!

- - Updated - -

''Except when sent as a sample fixed in a resin, plastic or glass matrix'' also says this for asbestos
    A comprehensive guide to all restrictions that apply to items sent by Royal Mail. | Royal Mail Group Ltd

Asbestos Samples of asbestos may be posted provided the sample is fixed within an inert material such as a glue or resin. Surround with cushioning material e.g. bubble wrap. The sender’s name and returns address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

=======

The part that reads "fixed within an inert material such as resin or glue" may be open to interpretation. If the packaging of the filter was to be accidentally broken open would asbestos fibres get into the atmosphere and breathed in by anyone? That would a deciding factor for Royal Mail I would imagine?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

So mayde wont able to send?

I hope that all will be ok

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast