Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Searcing for a US gas mask part!

Article about: Hello gentlemen! I am in the process of converting a post war M9 gas mask into an M5 assault gas mask for my D-Day beach landing impression. This process involves painting the gray M9 black

Default Searcing for a US gas mask part!

Hello gentlemen!

I am in the process of converting a post war M9 gas mask into an M5 assault gas mask for my D-Day beach landing impression.

This process involves painting the gray M9 black to better resemble an M5 and replacing the nose piece (valve) and replacing it with the kind seen on US wartime civilian, heavy (kidney bag), or light weight gas masks.

I've painted my mask and removed the valve. I am now looking for a wartime mask in HORRIBLE condition that I can cannibalize for proper valve.

Does anyone know of a source for wartime gas mask parts? Better yet, does anyone have a wartime mask in horrible condition that they'd be willing to sell me so I can rip it apart for it's valve?

THANK YOU!Searcing for a US gas mask part!Searcing for a US gas mask part!Searcing for a US gas mask part!

These photos show the type of valve I need. If you have a destroyed mask you'd be willing to part with, please let me know!

Searcing for a US gas mask part!Searcing for a US gas mask part!Searcing for a US gas mask part!

You might get lucky on Ebay and pick up a cheap mask to cannibalize...Interesting project you've got going there!
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks, Glenn!

There are a bunch of gas masks on ebay right now, but I'm not finding any in such poor condition that I'd feel comfortable ruining them... Hopefully something turns up!

?

good luck Joe you will find one I have faith in you.

Found everything I needed and finished the project!
    Searcing for a US gas mask part!

hokiepastor
    ?

What kind of paint did you use?

Joe,

This is very impressive work.. Well done..

Smitty