Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch

Article about: G'day Mark the jungle type's material is pretty much the same

Default Re: Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I will keep me eyes peeled Dave and send you a PM when I find one at a decent price

Regards Mark K
    Cheers Mark Appreciated mate.
    Nice pouch's Luke, Cheers for posting them.

Finally located my two wartime examples in my pile of webbing.

A M.E.Co 1941 dated pouch, and a M. W. & S. Ltd 1944 dated pouch.

Nothing special about them, other than they are in reasonable condition.

Last edited by 37Webbing; 04-10-2013 at 07:30 PM.

?

Thanks for posting them up nothing wrong with them they look to be in decent condition
    Is the M.E.Co Pouch a Mk II or III I would say that the M.W & S.L is a Mk III do to the late production date they were starting to put drain holes in the bottom of some by then is there a grommet in the bottom of the M.W & S.L
    Once we get a few more examples I will start to make a list of commonwealth manufactures and there countries of origin and put it at the top of the thread.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks for posting them up nothing wrong with them they look to be in decent condition
    Is the M.E.Co Pouch a Mk II or III I would say that the M.W & S.Ltd is a Mk III do to the late production date they were starting to put drain holes in the bottom of some by then is there a grommet in the bottom of the M.W & S.L
    Once we get a few more examples I will start to make a list of commonwealth manufactures and there countries of origin and put it at the top of the thread.

Regards Mark K
    What a great idea.

I guess the M.W. & S. Ltd is a Mk III, is a bit taller than the M.E.Co. pouch if you put them back against back, and I guess that makes it a Mk III? but there is no drainage hole, so I am a bit in the dark here.

I still need a Mk I

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    G'day Luke would they possibly be stamped GMH? I have some bits stamped like this
    Never seen these pouches before - very nice
    Sorry I didn't see your reply mate.

Too be honest Rene the stamps are too far gone to read properly, all of my Holden made stuff is stamped GMH but this actually looks like the word Holden, and I can't match It with any other wartime manufacturer that I know of. I will send a message to a guy I know who also has a set and see if his are stamped. I'd imagine as they were only made in such small numbers that only one company made these.

?

Quote by AIF View Post
    Great pouches guys!! Keep them coming....

As Rene and Dave have already shown the Australian made pouches came in two sizes either large or small. The large ones are rather hard to find these days as they were only made in small numbers and were issued for a long time, from WW2 right though until the 1970's so not a great deal of them survived.

I will add to the thread by posting a late war economy variation of these Large pouches from my collection. These are the rarest of all the WW2 Australian made pouches, they are the same as the Large Basic pouches previously shown but they are made from canvas. I only know of 2 other sets in collections although I'm sure there may be a few more out there.

Cheers Luke.
    Ive got couple of pairs of 1944 Australian ones , for reference.

Cheers Rick

Attachment 1419998

Attachment 1419999

Attachment 1420000

Now these are rare puppies Very Nice Rick

AIF
    ?

Nice one Rick. I've picked up a couple more unissued sets since I last posted those old ones, they seem to have come out of the woodwork of late.
    All the same maker as yours. S.S.H 1944.

Rene, I think I have 7 of the damned things now.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Nice one Rick. I've picked up a couple more unissued sets since I last posted those old ones, they seem to have come out of the woodwork of late.
    All the same maker as yours. S.S.H 1944.

Rene, I think I have 7 of the damned things now.
    Where's mine Mate

AIF
    ?

Rene, if you ask nicely and I can find which box they are in I may be able to let you have that old pair I posted 7 years ago. Funnily enough I actually forgot I had those until someone posted that old pic in a Facebook group looking to buy a pair about 6 months ago.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast