Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Small Bergen Copy

Article about: I am not sure about this rucksack and think it was probably made by a wartime manufacturer postwar but it has no label and possibly an ink stamping. Its a really nice rucksack though, any th

Default Small Bergen Copy

I am not sure about this rucksack and think it was probably made by a wartime manufacturer postwar but it has no label and possibly an ink stamping.

Its a really nice rucksack though, any thoughts ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Bergen Copy   Small Bergen Copy  

Small Bergen Copy  

Looks neat, i would definitely get it if I were you, especially if the price is right.

?

Looks neat! If that brace in the second picture is integrally attached to the pack, then I would say that it is a wartime example, as that economy pattern was only produced during the war (as far as I know)...

Here is a few more pictures of some details. The straps are integral and part of the original manufacture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Bergen Copy   Small Bergen Copy  

Small Bergen Copy  

?

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the additional pictures! I would say that your pack was manufactured between 1943-1945. Either that or it was made up post war with surplus wartime economy braces...

I think it's a great pack overall!