Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SMLE Parts needed for Restoration Project

Article about: I recently purchased a deactivated Barrel for a 1939 BSA SMLE MKIII, does anyone know where i could buy parts (preferably in the UK) to restore the rifle, looking for all wood work, nose cap

Default SMLE Parts needed for Restoration Project

I recently purchased a deactivated Barrel for a 1939 BSA SMLE MKIII, does anyone know where i could buy parts (preferably in the UK) to restore the rifle, looking for all wood work, nose cap, swivel bands, rear sight protector and any screws ect to fit the parts. Any help would be appreciated.

regards, Harry

ian
    ?

Default Re: SMLE Parts needed for Restoration Project

try a wb sight called ,,the gunners store ,, hes got loads of parts for enfields

?

I believe "the gunners store" is also known as ...

Sentimental Journey Ltd, British Militaria dealers

Gary J.

ian
    ?

no it is called the gunner shop
    its a different place alltogether

I don't know if you've checked Ebay but there seems to have been a shed load of spares from wood work to screws and everything in between on there for the past few months!

i have got my eye on a few things on ebay, but the wood parts rarely come up for sale and when they do it is hard to find a wood that will match.

- - Updated - -

I can't seem to find them i can only find 'the gunner; on the Sentimental Journey Ltd, British Militaria dealers website, could you please give me a link?

Good luck with your project, there is a store here in the US that often has assorted parts...Sarco, Inc., Firearms, Firearms Parts and Accessories. Or online at gunbroker.com

rgl
    ?

If you are near any militaria/arms fairs it is probably worthwhile to go see, at War & Peace they had many small parts for dirt cheap. However the admissions price for W&P is not worth it if that is all you are going for, but I would wager you would find something else interesting. But it's already past. The other fairs are probably much cheaper to get in, I have never been to them. One chap at W&P had a .50 cal ammunition can 2/3 full of front sight blades for SMLE and No. 4 rifles, I think they were 25p a piece. I think the guys that go to the arms fairs sell on Ebay as well.