Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spare Parts Roll M14

Article about: Good morning gents, I picked this up with a few other items that I bought just to get one of them (as we collectors are wont to do!). If I divide the total price paid by the number of items

Default Spare Parts Roll M14

Good morning gents,

I picked this up with a few other items that I bought just to get one of them (as we collectors are wont to do!). If I divide the total price paid by the number of items I could say this cost me about £5.

I don't collect this stuff so I thought I might get some useful opinion off members here who do.

This quite clearly is a ancillary item for a weapon system and I believe it was used with Browning machine guns such as .30" and .50" Calibre types and that the nomenclature M14 is coincidental rather than referring to the M14 rifle (not around in 1944 anyway).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this one?

I will likely move it on but was wondering about gathering the appropriate contents; is this viable, would it be worthwhile (I might end up keeping it if I spend tome filling it!) and what should be in it anyway?

Regards

MarkSpare Parts Roll M14Spare Parts Roll M14Spare Parts Roll M14
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I believe the exact role of the M14 roll is unknown, although it is believed it is weapon-related. A large batch was floating around on shows a few years ago and they were very cheap. I think I have picked up a few just out of curiosity. I never paid much attention to them but I think they are still easy to find?