Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Suspect canteen cover?

Article about: Does anyone have or know of postwar canteen covers identical to US in design but maybe produced either by France/Holland/Germany,the snap has "FIX" and R G stamped which maybe Euro

Default Suspect canteen cover?

Does anyone have or know of postwar canteen covers identical to US in design but maybe produced either by France/Holland/Germany,the snap has "FIX" and R G stamped which maybe European,can anyone add some info just to clarification
    as to what I actually own,many thanks in advance.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Suspect canteen cover?   Suspect canteen cover?  

Suspect canteen cover?   Suspect canteen cover?  

This could be some clue - https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1086540.htm
    You can find there almost the same snap bearing "FIX" code but with additional marking: "Cote A Soulever". Trail goes to the France or Belgium then.

NCA
    ?

Im sure I own something with 'fix' fasteners...it'll come to me and when it does i'll let you know what its on....unless you get a positive before then!I don't think its US...Greek maybe?

NCA
    ?

Yeah..i have a canteen cover with these on.The original belt hook has been removed and replaced with a snap hook to make it look like a mounted type cover.I'm pretty sure its Greek.

I was never convinced it what ever going to be US even when I knew it wasn't one of those Japan tourist types,oh well thats ebay sometimes pulled the trigger on it for £7 but the canteen is lush,so not a total waste,thanks for your replies guys........

NCA
    ?

That's exactly how I ended up with my odd cover..it had a good ww1 canteen and cup inside it!

It's a 1945 style canteen.

I too, first time to see the "FIX" fasteners. What's the back side looks like?

Could be French as well.

Regards,
    Taka

I'm not sure about the canteen cover but I recognize the bottle of scotch in the background.