Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss WW2? bike bag

Article about: Hi guys Sorry if this post does not fit in "Western allies" but i didnt find any swiss army related thread. I recently picked up a job lot of helmets and gas mask bags, including t

?

Default Swiss WW2? bike bag

Hi guys
    Sorry if this post does not fit in "Western allies" but i didnt find any swiss army related thread.

I recently picked up a job lot of helmets and gas mask bags, including this swiss bike bag. At that time I didnt know what it was. I identified it as a swiss bike bag (used to be attached to the handlebar with the 2 leather straps).
    However, the same design was used in ww2 era and also after the war. There's a stamp on the leather "O. BRELAZ SELLIER AIGLE 30". I dont know if 30 means that its made in 1930 or is it something else? Can someone ID if this was made during or before ww2 or postwar?

Swiss WW2? bike bag

Swiss WW2? bike bag

Swiss WW2? bike bag

Hello.
    It obviously took quite some time before someone could give you an answer but here you go : this is a model 1917 swiss army breadbag made in (19)30 in Aigle, Canton de Vaud, hence the marking, and it is still in its original state, it hasn't been modified after 1942 has many others have.
    Eventhough if you can install it on a bike it isn't at all a swiss bike bag, those do not even remotely look like that and cannot be carried on the shoulder like this one.
    Here's your breadbag in action :

Swiss WW2? bike bag

Non classes - N14/ 113, Suisse, Schweiz, soldats, armee, militaire, non circulee

It can be carried on the shoulder, on the belt, but also on top of the 1898 backpack among many others possibilities, making it a quite clever and practical piece of gear.
    Last edited by Edward Lionheart; 02-10-2022 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Adding a picture