Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Tangmere Scramble Bell!!

Article about: This bell was souvinered by a british WW2 pilot during WW2 from tangmere airfield then moved to australia after the war. On top of the bell it is stamped ''F.O.O'' then a broad arrow. it mea

Default Tangmere Scramble Bell!!

This bell was souvinered by a british WW2 pilot during WW2 from tangmere airfield then moved to australia after the war. On top of the bell it is stamped ''F.O.O'' then a broad arrow. it measures 270mm high by 300mm at base! its very very heavy. How much would i insure something like this for? and information or valuation would be muchly appreciated. Steve, South Australia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tangmere Scramble Bell!!   Tangmere Scramble Bell!!  

Last edited by trapper65; 01-30-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Default Re: Tangmere Scramble Bell!!

Hi Steve, I have seen several similar examples of these. I cannot now recall the asking prices. I would insure it for an minimum of £500.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Steve/Everyone, dont know if you are aware of it but RAF Tangmere is now a museum.They have some nice aircraft on display and SOE agent equipment on display there. They used to fly agents from there in a Lysander to France as well as being a fighter base.

thanks ade 4 your advice thanks steve

hey lew07 thanks for the information. i sent an email to the museum for info about the bell but no reply yet.
    Thanks steve

They'll probably ask for it back!

?

What would the postage be on that I wonder? Tangmere is about 15 minits from my front door incidently.