Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Taylor-Hobson Binoculars: 1941

Article about: Hello folks. Another eBay purchase, to add to my slowly growing collection of British military pieces. With my No4 Enfield finally wall mounted, I'm working on filling the shelf below it wit

Default Taylor-Hobson Binoculars: 1941

Hello folks.

Another eBay purchase, to add to my slowly growing collection of British military pieces. With my No4 Enfield finally wall mounted, I'm working on filling the shelf below it with relevant items. This is the first; a pair of Taylor-Hobson binoculars. Broad arrow marked, and with a date of 1941.
    I really like these. For one, the optics are crystal clear. Very often with vintage binoculars, internal mould or breakage renders them unusable. These ones are as functional as the day they were made. They appear to be made primarily from brass, with only minimal wear to the lacquered black finish. The leather parts are spotless, which is another massive plus.
    There are numbers around the eyepieces and on the hinge, but I have no idea what these would have been used for. Presumably they were for rangefinding, although there are no crosshairs or ranging devices of any kind on the optics. Hopefully someone who knows these better than I do can help.
    Also included is a webbing strap, which I believe to be original to these binoculars.

All in all, a very good buy for £26!

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Taylor-Hobson Binoculars: 1941   Taylor-Hobson Binoculars: 1941  

Taylor-Hobson Binoculars: 1941   Taylor-Hobson Binoculars: 1941  

Taylor-Hobson Binoculars: 1941