Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tea Mug

Article about: No problems Paul, keep looking & if you find 1 let us all know!!! It would be interesting to see if they are about??? Cheers Terry.

Default Tea Mug

I've been looking for a tea mug, and found this one. Most of the pictures I've been able to find, in color at least, the mug hanging from the small pack looks reddish, and the B&W none of them look white. Was this something that was issued, or was it something that Tommy bought, or just a plain old mug from someones kitchen? Was there any "regulation" mug? I know something as simple as a mug could have been used from anywhere, but I'd just like things to be as close as I can keep them to what was carried. Thank you for your time.

Tea Mug

?

Default Re: Tea Mug

Mr Stink, I dont much about the metal mugs carried by British soldiers during the war, but what I am doing is going to Devon UK at the end of this month..Now if you would like I can pop into a muesuem I know there and ask around?? I might even be able to pick 1 up!!! but dont hold your breath beacuse it is a long shot, but worth a try...So if you would like me to let me know & I will make a note to do that...Cheers Terry.

Yes, there was an issue mug.

The pre war issues were white.

Wartime ones were brown. I am sure I have shown a couple of brown ones on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

THanks Terry and Ade. If you find one Terry, that would be great, I'll keep looking in the mean time hehe I'll dig some more Ade.

NCA
    ?

Post war versions are easy enough to find.I have a 1950 dated brown mug.
    Just wondering..are the white mugs broad arrow marked or anything?

?

Paul I will let you know how I fare?? in about 2 weeks, shouldnt think it will cost anything so if you find 1 between now & then its no bigshakes!!! you can never have too many tea mugs..lol...Cheers Terry.

NCA, I'm not sure, this is the only photo they had on the auction, and I don't really know much alse about them, google isn't being friendly to me when I look things like this up. Ta Terry, I appreciate it, I've been looking at a few sites and can only find NAAFI mugs so far Good Hunting hehe

Just picked up two more mugs at the weekend, one wartime pattern unmarked and one 1952 dated.

Postwar dated ones on my friend's site are now £15.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello Paul, Im back from Devon UK & I asked about the tea mug!, sounds like you might be looking for the Holy Grail in a tea mug form!!! I asked at a small mueseum I go too & the man who owns it, "& knows lots about British stuff" says he hasnt ever seen 1!!!!.He has come across plenty of ones that where marked up 1950s..but not WW2!! So sorry I couldnt be of more help!! Cheers Terry.

Thank you for looking for me Terry, it's greatly appreciated I ordered one that will most likely be '50s dated, or maybe unmarked, but I'm going to keep looking for the WW2 mug, it's always good to have somthing to focus on hehe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast