Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Trucheon

Article about: Again I come looking for help. This truncheon apparently belonged to a relative of mine and I am told he was an ARP warden. I have no idea if this was issued to him, or even if it has any mi

?

Default Trucheon

Again I come looking for help.

This truncheon apparently belonged to a relative of mine and I am told he was an ARP warden. I have no idea if this was issued to him, or even if it has any military connection whatsoever.( The transfer is of the royal coat of arms)

Any thoughts?[IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: Trucheon

I can see a warden tapping on windows with this.... ''put that light out'' etc

Does it look like a King's or Queen's crown on the decal? I can't decide from here, the lion is making it tricky.

Hi, the ARP were certainly not issued with Trucheons.

This is a old standard Police issue item. A good collectable item.

Looks like a Kings Crown to me on the decal?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yes a nice old fashioned Police Truncheon , the coat of arms will refer to the force or borough but i'm afraid i don't know which one , it looks like a nice piece of mahogany !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

A lot of the older truncheons were made of Ebony, more weight to them , if you got cracked with one of those you knew about it, im thinking this could be a wartime bobbys that was possibly given to him on retirement

?

Thanks for all the info. I am reliably informed that it is a king's crown. I tried to take a closer photo, but the transfer is pretty cracked and hard to picture acurately. I can testify that it is a ruddy hard piece of wood to be belted with (I had four older brothers and this was lying around when we were kids. When we played cops and robbers, it was always best to be cops, I can assure you!)

Hi,
    Thats a great old trucheon and very collectable theses days, probable Edwardian but you will find the older trucheons were made of Lignum Vitae, it is the hardest wood you can find. Mahogany is good but not hard enough. hope this helps.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Thats a great old trucheon and very collectable theses days, probable Edwardian but you will find the older trucheons were made of Lignum Vitae, it is the hardest wood you can find. Mahogany is good but not hard enough. hope this helps.
    Dave.
    It was hard enough for me Dave when i was handing out some " Police Brutality "
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    It was hard enough for me Dave when i was handing out some " Police Brutality "
    I believe it is now referred to as a "Constabularial therpeutic intervention"!!

?

I have one of these, however it was used later (50s-70s) in Malta. They do have a nice weight to them, and I think mine has a iron/lead tube on the inside. I suspect so because the top seems to have been drilled out and replaced, does yours have anything similar?

Trucheon

Nitram

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast