Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Trucheon

Article about: Again I come looking for help. This truncheon apparently belonged to a relative of mine and I am told he was an ARP warden. I have no idea if this was issued to him, or even if it has any mi

Default Re: Trucheon

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Kept mine taped onto my forearm Kris , an old Rugby League trick !!!
    That sounds like "premeditation"!! ...And we didn't play rugby here, back then...;-)
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

No, mine is just a solid piece of wood. It might just be the light, but yours looks to be a redder looking wood than mine. Looks kind of scary when you put it alongside the helmet and cuffs though!

Hi,
    good thread, the lignum Vitae i would think was only used on the old type of truncheon im not sure what was used in the sixties and seventies in my day, i know they have changed so much.
    dave.

?

Apparently, according to family gossip, this came from somewhere around the Coalville area of Leicestershire, and I think the Lignum Vitae or ebony wood sounds about right as it is a very dark wood, as prefered to red. I don't want to leave it sitting on a shelf in my kitchen, if it has some sort of historical value though. As it is clearly not a millitary item, (which is kind of sad. I liked the idea of ARP wardens having such things) I was wondering who might be interested in it. Are there any sort of police museums who might want it? I doubt it has any particular monetary value, but as a piece of history, it might have some worth.

?

If I were you i'd mount it on a piece of lighter wood with a border, and display it on your wall, museums have hundreds of items donated but very few actually see the light of day and it would be a shame to see this shoved away for good

?

Quote by onebdi View Post
    No, mine is just a solid piece of wood. It might just be the light, but yours looks to be a redder looking wood than mine. Looks kind of scary when you put it alongside the helmet and cuffs though!
    It does give off a scary vibe when alongside the helmet and cuffs...
    It is rather reddish, but that's just the top layer. In areas where the was wood chipped a way (on someone's noggin, no doubt), it's very lightly colored.

I'd mount it on the wall somewhere to display, as Dave suggested.

Nitram

Here are mine.
    In theyre original box, as found in the cellars of the factory that provided them to police services of Antwerp.
    All bear a different number, just like guns or rifles would!
    Not quiet as nice as the English example you showed, but certainly as effective in use!!
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Kris,
    nice box full of truncheons there, or a box of Pain lol, thanks for showing them.
    Dave.

My pleasure, Dave!
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3