Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

U.S. Web Belt and Pouches

Article about: Canadian - 1951 pattern belt with buckle chafes removed US - Case No 8, Medical instruments & supplies (IFAK) issued around th time of the M1967 gear US - M1961 Canteen, cover, & 1st

Default Re: U.S. Web Belt and Pouches

Canadian - 1951 pattern belt with buckle chafes removed
    US - Case No 8, Medical instruments & supplies (IFAK) issued around th time of the M1967 gear
    US - M1961 Canteen, cover, & 1st Aid/compass pouch
    without the US stencil on the compass pouch or canteen cover they could be Australian P1962 Mk 2 (as all the components were US M1961 gear manufactured in the USA for the Aussies). Mk 1 had the US marking. From Mk 3 on until they adopted MOLLE gear was Aussie made with their own improvements.

?

Thanks for the info Recon 3690.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

no prob I am definitely more knowledgeble about more modern gear than pre Korean war.

Canteen cover appears to be a Canadian '64 pattern if I'm not mistaken but the material looks off to me, and the belt appears to be a Canadian 51 pattern belt, with the rear tabs (for the cross straps) removed, is there any evidence of this?

And if so, Why can everyone find one of those belts besides me?

?

Quote by Ypres Creepers View Post
    Canteen cover appears to be a Canadian '64 pattern if I'm not mistaken but the material looks off to me, and the belt appears to be a Canadian 51 pattern belt, with the rear tabs (for the cross straps) removed, is there any evidence of this?

Hi,yes there is evidence of two tabs on the back being removed,thanks..
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by Ypres Creepers View Post

Mine was Issued to me

Canteen cover is definately M1961 US either American or Australian (P1962)
    note the 7 lines of stitching on the front & the nylon edge tape lack of a US stencil on the front indicates that it may be Aussie 2nd version, as they were made in the US all other markings will be the same as on US versions

early US m-1936 belts had brass fittings,,,dont recall when they changed over to zinc fittings,,,probably in early 1942 or so,,,,

without a doubt the belt is P1951 Canadian

The canteen is Canadian issue. The carrier will have velcro fastening on the back if it's Canadian. The belt is for sure Canadian 51? pattern I think. The buckles have been cut off the back by the looks of it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast