Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

U.S WWII Service Lighter Help

Article about: I tried to translate the inscription on my war era lighter by bringing it to a Chinese take-out restaurant. The lady at the counter and also another Asian customer were unable to read the wr

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    'Souvenir' lighter.........
    You typed "souvenir" not "service".

Please no cursing to my replies. (no blowing).

Never would I insult anyone not even the mods.

To "blow some one off" is cursing? Uhh...okey....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

An image of the emblem that was clearer and more in focus might help someone at least identify what unit it represents. A gear wheel design can sometimes be linked to armoured or engineer unit.

BTW this Korean/Vietnam era lighter has no place in this thread as it apparently is not a WWII US service lighter as per the title of the thread.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

How about you having a little respect and possibly starting a thread of your own on the lighter you would like some information on instead of piggybacking on some other members thread looking for answers.
    And why is it every thread you get involved with turn out to be filled with drama if I wanted to watch soap operas I would go some were else I am starting to think you strive on causing trouble.

Meant With The Out Most Respect For Your Character As I would Not Want To Hurt Your Feelings.

Regards Mark

Colonel..let me remind you..of the benefit of the doubt I gave to you on the ( dagger forum ) which others objected to..but I saw something of use that would benefit the forum. It would be wise to backoff and tone down your attitude towards any moderator here. No one is crashing anything here. This is a forum of discussion..and not a pissing match. Dont risk losing what you have built for yourself so far. If you disagree with my thoughts..and what I helped you with..then the gate is open for the other Mods..to come in..and I turn my back.
    This is your only warning.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by COLONEL666 View Post
    You typed "souvenir" not "service".

Please no cursing to my replies. (no blowing).

Never would I insult anyone not even the mods.
    Yep - it's a souvenir........
    Regards,

Steve.

A $12 Souvenir

The Colonel was a hard person to like....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Its ashame how Forum Suicides happen..that a person....has issues with differences of opinion..and no respect for authoritative figures whether here or elsewhere. Must be a young guy..who was let down..and would rather go down in flames..than to humble himself and accept the truth. So be it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S WWII Service Lighter Help  
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-06-2014 at 12:28 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast