Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

U.S WWII Service Lighter Help

Article about: I tried to translate the inscription on my war era lighter by bringing it to a Chinese take-out restaurant. The lady at the counter and also another Asian customer were unable to read the wr

?

Default U.S WWII Service Lighter Help

Hey guys i recently bought this Dunhill service lighter at a moving sale for 1$. Along with a wwii era sewing kit and i bunch of iraqi money. First off is this lighter ww2? And Secondly could someone help me so i can get this lighter up and running again. If you would like to see everything in detail i have a video up on my youtube channel on all the items i have purchased so heres the link New stuff this week - YouTube
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S WWII Service Lighter Help   U.S WWII Service Lighter Help  

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: U.S WWII Service Lighter Help

WWII but more likely Korean era, would be my guess. What's wrong with it that it doesn't work? Unscrew the bottom...fill it with lighter fluid....unscrew the small cap and drop in a flint-looks like it should fire right up?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That's exactly what I need to know!
    Thanks
    Ryan

It appears that the central part - the fuel container with wick - is missing.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Where is that located at?

In the last photo-looking down on it while being held, you can see the wick is present. It is down inside the wind shield and when the cap is down, is covered by it. The bottom cap-where it says "Dunhill"-should unscrew to reveal the cotton batting fuel chamber where you fill it with lighter fluid. Carefully squirt lighter fluid into this batting until it no longer absorbs anymore of it-then screw the bottom cap back on again. The Small cap on the bottom of the wheel post should also unscrew and reveal a spring with a tip. Remove this and drop in a flint and replace the screw with the spring back where you removed it from. It should be fine then and ready to light. (Be sure to wipe any lighter fluid off that may have overflowed or spilled out Before you light it! lol)
    William

William is correct. These tired eyes are playing tricks.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Alright thanks for the info!
    Ryan

Cool Korean Service Lighter 1967

Here is a service lighter that needs translation. It says Korea on bottom as seen in the photo. I cannot get my keyboard to Google a Korean featural alphabet to read all of what it says. Confusing also because of the date engraved of 1967 which is Vietnam era. Even the cameo design in the center is a mystery. Any help with this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S WWII Service Lighter Help   U.S WWII Service Lighter Help  

More likely, it is a lighter from the Viet Nam War. It was just Made in Korea-lots of stuff was.
    William

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast