Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown leather item.

Article about: Hi, anyone got any ideas as to what this is and used for. I have had it for some time and came with some WW2 British stuff. My first thoughts were a holder for a bren mag, but they will not

Default Unknown leather item.

Hi, anyone got any ideas as to what this is and used for. I have had it for some time and came with some WW2 British stuff. My first thoughts were a holder for a bren mag, but they will not fit. But then again they used to carry bren mag's in their webbing pouches and one mag would be of no use on a bren gun, you soon get rid of a mag.

Thanks for your time. Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown leather item.   Unknown leather item.  

Unknown leather item.   Unknown leather item.  

?

Neat pouch Steven! It almost looks like it was designed to fit on a Pattern 1903 belt.

Were Vicker-Berthier light machine gun magazines a different size than BREN magazines?

ILH
    ?

Vicker-Berthier sounds good to me, very similar to the larger variety that carried more than one mag.... It would also fit a saddle easily (although i don't know of any V-B cavalary use).
    sweet!

Maybe it will fit the curved magazines for the mADSEN MG models Are there any marks stamped in the leather ??

Hi and thanks for all the reply's. I have had a good look at the pouch and can not find any identification marks anywhere. Still a mystery then as to what this was used for. Will have to look in to trying to find some photo's of the certain items you say it may be.
    Regards Steve.

Last edited by Thanatos; 04-08-2015 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added link