Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown WW2 British Gas Mask

Article about: Hi Guys, this is one of a few items I got today. I was advised it was a gas mask used for patients in hospitals as oxygen can be attached to it. Don't know how much of this is true and cant

Default Unknown WW2 British Gas Mask

Hi Guys, this is one of a few items I got today. I was advised it was a gas mask used for patients in hospitals as oxygen can be attached to it. Don't know how much of this is true and cant seem to find anything about it through research.

Its in great condition, possibly unissued and is 1943 dated.

Any Info would be great!

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown WW2 British Gas Mask   Unknown WW2 British Gas Mask  

Hi edelweiss, it is indeed a Patients gas mask that was used in hospitals, not often seen! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi edelweiss, it is indeed a Patients gas mask that was used in hospitals, not often seen! Leon.
    Cracking! I love the condition of it and both myself and James got excited as neither of us had seen one before.

Is there an official model name/type as i'm struggling finding research on it?

I don't know if there is a model/type name for these. Here is another one to compare yours with. This one is £160. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown WW2 British Gas Mask  
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown WW2 British Gas Mask  Unknown WW2 British Gas Mask 

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I don't know if there is a model/type name for these. Here is another one to compare yours with. This one is £160. Leon.
    Fab! I love the design of these! Has such a futuristic look about it!

Hard to find item. Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very rare gas mask, i have had a few in the past, they were for patients who were bed ridden and unable to be moved in a gas attack. I think the model is a C5 gas mask, i imagine the C stands for civilian. C1 being standard civilian gas mask, C2 mickey mouse, C3 baby respirator and i would imagine the C4 being the rarer version of the hospital gas mask which looks like this:

Unknown WW2 British Gas Mask

Which is very very very rare have only ever seen 2 in the last 8 years, i believe they were an earlier version of the hospital patient gas mask, i have also heard they may have been specially designed for people with respiratory problems.

Harry