Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unkown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver

Article about: A mystery holster-very large (too large for a Webley Mk VI)-fits the .455 Smith and Wesson Hand Ejector 2nd Model with 6.5 inch barrel-there are no markings at all on the web material which

Default Unknown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver

A mystery holster-very large (too large for a Webley Mk VI)-fits the .455 Smith and Wesson Hand Ejector 2nd Model with 6.5 inch barrel-there are no markings at all on the web material which is a pale green rather than the more usual P37 colours of sand/buff-there is a turned wooden nose cap to protect the muzzle/foresight blade This is secured by nails to the material. The web is lighter and thinner than other P37 types I have seen-I'm thinking this may be of Indian manufacture because of this but as stated there are no markings. This is one of a number of this type that came from a large local collection/museum. Opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unkown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver   Unkown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver  

Unkown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver   Unkown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver  

Unkown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver  
    Last edited by lithgow; 06-16-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Default Re: Unkown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver

Looking at the excellent 'Kharkee Web' site, this would appear to be a 'Pattern 1919 Naval Webbing' holster-although even they don't seem to be aware that it's for the larger, longer S&W revolver and not just a manufacture quality control variation-these were made by Mills but again my example has no markings whatsoever and the colour is slightly different.

Default Re: Unkown P37 Holster for .455 S&W Revolver

I like it a lot mate.I didn't find anything similar to this at Kharkee Web.Maybe an expiramental holster.I think that is inter-war made!