Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unusual British ? canvas rucksack / sac with rope & webbing. Inc stamp code. WW2?

Article about: Name: photo (7)-001.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 198.5 KB  ID: 933338 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> Evening all. I was wondering if anyone could help identify this canvas pa

Quote by enfield View Post
    I think that YA stamp present on the straps doesn't denote purpose of the pack, but the strap by itself. Identical straps were used to carry WS38 radio over the neck.
    Interesting. I will take that on board. Thanks

Quote by ILH View Post
    I have something very similar....... but very modern (circa 2000AD) that was made for carrying coiled ropes for beach assault?
    I'm very intrigued . Would you care to upload an image of the item you have? It sounds like we may be getting warmer...

Cheers, Gillan.

ILH
    ?

having dug it out it is not as similar as I thought...........apologies for the naff photos, need a new camera.
    measures 26cm wide, 33cm high, and 10cm deep.

i think the UDU on the label stands for Underwater Demolitions Unit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual British ? canvas rucksack / sac with rope & webbing. Inc stamp code. WW2?   Unusual British ? canvas rucksack / sac with rope & webbing. Inc stamp code. WW2?  

Unusual British ? canvas rucksack / sac with rope & webbing. Inc stamp code. WW2?  

CBH
    ?

I think it could be rope related also , a coil would be smaller then uncoiled hence the compression type sides . Good luck finding out , I love the DPM pouch .

Quote by ILH View Post
    having dug it out it is not as similar as I thought...........apologies for the naff photos, need a new camera.
    measures 26cm wide, 33cm high, and 10cm deep.

i think the UDU on the label stands for Underwater Demolitions Unit.

Thanks for this . I can see the resemblance with the eyelets. Again, another item I haven't seen before. I wonder how far back this style went. Being DPM - You would think 1960 Pattern or perhaps earlier. Who knows.

I wonder if there is a catalogue floating about that includes the serial numbers for equipment, that may help me out...

The search continues. All the best!

Quote by CBH View Post
    I think it could be rope related also , a coil would be smaller then uncoiled hence the compression type sides . Good luck finding out , I love the DPM pouch .
    I think we could be on to something here.... I will get searching the net for any possible reference. A photo would be nice.

Cheers.

ILH
    ?

British DPM webbing starts from 1995, the 3rd issue of PLCE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2