MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US army goggles ???

Article about: hiya guys picked these up for £9.99 off ebay but ive since been informed thats these are not military issued goggles but more then likely for commercial use can anyone shed some more light o

?

Question US army goggles ???

hiya guys

picked these up for £9.99 off ebay but ive since been informed thats these are not military issued goggles but more then likely for commercial use can anyone shed some more light on these for me please ??

i cant get a pic of it but on the top rim of the goggles it says ARMY GOGGLE TYPE 77 51 ???

Default Re: US army goggles ???

I am not familiar with the #'s 77 51 maybe for the army,here are photo's from Mick Prodgers book vintage flying helmets and from Jim Weld's book flying headgear of the world 1933-1945 they are very similar to your goggles. HOPE THIS HELPS......DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US army goggles ???   US army goggles ???  

US army goggles ???   US army goggles ???  

?

Default Re: US army goggles ???

hiya Dave

thanks for that they have now been determined as being for commercial use & not military i did open them up & there's no other markings & the quality of the rubber is poor compared to that of the military versions.