Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

US D-day gas mask and bag m5 and m7

Article about: Here my new gas mask and bag from D-day this one comes from Kansas They are very rare and hard to find. This one is missing the lens. I hope you guys like it. If anyone has the lens contact

Default Re: US D-day gas mask and bag m5 and m7

Thank you Eric
    chris

Thank you for all the comments guys.
    chris

Well are you feeling lucky chris well do ya.fantastic find,only been one over here in like 2 years and that went for four hundred bucks.many congrats my friend,and luv the crickets too,awesome historical items to own and display.............Jake.

Jake I knew you would like it.
    I do not think most collector know how hard it is to find this type of gas mask.
    This was really luck I stop looking for one and I saw this one for sale the price was so low I thought someone had already bought it for sure.
    chris

NCA
    ?

Nice mask.Getting very hard to find...

As for the missing lens, it looks the same as the ones on the other US issue masks...prehaps find a ratty old mask to rob the lens?Just wondering are the lenses the same size as the ones in the M17's?If yes i have a knackered old m17 you'd be welcome to it.

The M17 lens are just a little larger.
    I was thinking the same think about taking a old ww2 US gas mask.
    I think that will be the best way.
    Thank you
    chris

Chris, the eyepieces from a US M9 (or one of the many copies) should fit this mask also. As far as I know the M9 used the same eyepieces as on the M5..... I know of a battered up Bulgarian M9 copy in a surplus shop near to where I am currently based, I'm quite friendly with the shop owner so I might see if I can get it from him as I doubt its sellable. If its still there, and I can get it I'll send you a spare eyepiece if you would be willing to cover shipping costs?

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Chris, the eyepieces from a US M9 (or one of the many copies) should fit this mask also. As far as I know the M9 used the same eyepieces as on the M5..... I know of a battered up Bulgarian M9 copy in a surplus shop near to where I am currently based, I'm quite friendly with the shop owner so I might see if I can get it from him as I doubt its sellable. If its still there, and I can get it I'll send you a spare eyepiece if you would be willing to cover shipping costs?

Thanks

Danny
    Thank you Danny
    But I think I got a deal coming.
    But if it does not work out I will tell you
    That was really nice of you.
    chris

Hopefully it works out for you, however if it doesn't let me know and I'll pick up the M9 copy

Thanks, and I hope that the restoration of the M5 goes well, its a very nice piece

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Hopefully it works out for you, however if it doesn't let me know and I'll pick up the M9 copy

Thanks, and I hope that the restoration of the M5 goes well, its a very nice piece

Danny
    I am glad I got it.
    Just luck
    chris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast