MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US entr. tool cover 1944 - original?

Article about: Hi Guys - is this US shovel cover original or repro? (looks ok, but I'm no expert with US stuff) THX in advance! Cheers, Fabe

?

Default US entr. tool cover 1944 - original?

Hi Guys - is this US shovel cover original or repro? (looks ok, but I'm no expert with US stuff)

THX in advance!

Cheers,
    Fabe

US entr. tool cover 1944 - original?US entr. tool cover 1944 - original?US entr. tool cover 1944 - original?

NCA
    ?

In a word, no.I suspect this was made postwar for other European armies.

I quite like it but it's not American.

NCA
    ?

Scroll down on this link. US Equipment

?

Thank you for the link...

Haven't ever seen one in that configuration not US regulation issue that is for sure. timothy

It looks like it's a sum of different parts to me. It looks like the rear of a U.S cover and the front of a German-type carrier. I suspect the U.S stamp and date wouldn't be in that position under the hook anyway and it's certainly not the norm to find a date stamp directly below the U.S stamp. The broad strap that folds over the front looks like it comes from something else too! Hmm..

?

strange...why would anyone make a hybrid like this?
    btw., someone's offering me this for 13 EU - so he's not trying to make money on this...still, if it's a total bogus...

Quote by canti44 View Post
    It looks like it's a sum of different parts to me. It looks like the rear of a U.S cover and the front of a German-type carrier. I suspect the U.S stamp and date wouldn't be in that position under the hook anyway and it's certainly not the norm to find a date stamp directly below the U.S stamp. The broad strap that folds over the front comes from something else too! Hmm..

This is a post-war Dutch Army e-tool cover (https://www.flickr.com/groups/955742@N22/ Dutch army surplus spade entrenching tool cover | eBay). Unfortunately, a fake stamps suggesting US Army equipment had been added, but the style of stamps is far from the ideal...

?

ah...too bad about the fake stamp! still, a very nice e-tool cover...

Quote by Tomasz70 View Post
    This is a post-war Dutch Army e-tool cover (https://www.flickr.com/groups/955742@N22/ Dutch army surplus spade entrenching tool cover | eBay). Unfortunately, a fake stamps suggesting US Army equipment had been added, but the style of stamps is far from the ideal...