Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US Forces in Germany license plates.

Article about: Found these at our county fair tonight. Thanks for looking!

Default US Forces in Germany license plates.

Found these at our county fair tonight.
    Thanks for looking!
    US Forces in Germany license plates.

Bravo.

- - ------- - -

In my time, they were very green. I do not have mine, of course.

US Forces in Germany license plates.You can see your license plate here. This scene is the entry to Campbell Barracks, Heidelberg in 1961 or 1962.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDnoQoF0q0M

US Forces in Germany license plates.Campbell Barracks today, without HQ, USAREUR.

- - ------- - -

US Forces in Germany license plates.Why I drive a Mercedes Benz, Baader Meinhof terror against General Frederick Kroesen, in my time in the cold war FRG.

He survived because the idiots could not shoot straight and the Mercedes was better than a bunch of blood thirsty commie murderers.

Kroesen was great man. That pissant Mielke, a murderer from the early 1930s, finally got what was coming to him.

US Forces in Germany license plates.Baader-Meinhof gang attack

General Kroesen was injured in Heidelberg on September 15, 1981, when his armoured Mercedes was targeted with an RPG-7 anti-tank rocket. Responsibility for the attack was claimed by the "Kommando Gudrun Ensslin" of the Red Army Faction (aka Baader-Meinhof Gang).[2][3] In 1991, West German prosecutors announced that former East German secret police leader Erich Mielke had been indicted for collusion with the attack.[4]

Ca 1961-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xzxyn_7nfY

Not to be watched in connection with contemporary political debates in a certain democracy.

This site is apolitical, and so am I on this site.

Thanks for the license plates. They have some historical significance and are far from old junk.

Thank you Mr. Berthold! I stumbled across them mixed in with a few stateside plates, but the price was a bit rich for me. By the end of the night, they came down enough and I took them. I had never seen these type plates before. I have a militaria collection as well as a license plate collection, so it was a double win! These are definitely not old trash!
    Also, as an aside, I met a gentleman who served in Vietnam as a member of the "brown water navy". He saw combat in the delta and the Perfume River, and was at Hue during Tet. He is a Bronze Star recipient. After thanking him for his service, he told me about waterskiing behind a PBR as in Apocalypse Now, with a helmet and flak jacket. He proudly wore his ribbons on his cap. That is another generation of war fighters we are losing.

Nice set of POV plates you have there. These were the last ones to carry a year on them, the following year they changed to red. The 'D' shows that these plates were issued to a serviceperson in Hesssen, either Hanau or Darmstadt garrison. Ours were green in the late 1970s and I still have our last set of US Army POV plates.

Quote by Alexander View Post
    Nice set of POV plates you have there. These were the last ones to carry a year on them, the following year they changed to red. The 'D' shows that these plates were issued to a serviceperson in Hesssen, either Hanau or Darmstadt garrison. Ours were green in the late 1970s and I still have our last set of US Army POV plates.
    Thanks Alexander! From what I saw online, they also dropped the "US Forces" and instead went to "U.S.A." for 1962. I think I got them for a good price too.

Nice plates. I remember having some marked USA when I was stationed in Berlin in the 80's..

Smitty