MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US leggings

Article about: Hey guys,have just received a very rough box of gear from the states(sigh)and included in this seemingly unfortunate deal was a pair of leggings size 4,I have compared these with my size 3R

?

Default US leggings

Hey guys,have just received a very rough box of gear from the states(sigh)and included in this seemingly unfortunate deal was a pair of leggings size 4,I have compared these with my size 3R leggings and they seem to be a bit smaller,I'm unsure exactly of the labelling system but my main concern is the markings inside the leggings are not required WW2 QM markings,there is no date and I was wondering if anyone can help me glean a period from these...any help would be fantastic! Thanks Sean

US leggingsUS leggings

NCA
    ?

Default Re: US leggings

Thats a bit odd.You normally see the DSA coding on items from the 50's- 60's.It stands for Defense Supply Agency.These leggings are probably for parade usage.

DLA / DSA Marking, What Do They Stand For? - U.S. Militaria Forum

?

Hi NCA thanks for your help mate!

?

Hello size marking mean nothing some times the maunfactures just stamped whatever on clothing and gear, I find it odd there is a dsa

These are the USMC P1940 pattern leggings. These are post 1950 production examples.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Oh my goodness...got seriously done over with the lot of gear I got here..$160 USD for a 43 field jacket covered in paint,suspenders that have been restitched so many times and so poorly I think a drunk man with a bent needle is responsible,a good condition GP strap(only good piece) and a pair of post war leggings...everything described as good used condition..should have known at the prices but I do deal with Hayes Otupolik alot and he is very reasonably priced generally...sigh..contacted seller mantheline.com..very apologetic and stated name your store credit price and I'll agree,we agreed upon a 2 piece combat pack set,he seemed very happy and even said no charge for shipping..was so happy..until contacted him yesterday as nothing had arrived...stated only willing to give me $125 store credit and have to pay shipping now($55)..amazing how people can change their minds..I couldn't live with myself knowing I'm selling crap.

We all get burned on occasion, it's just part of the game I suppose. Still mad at young me for throwing all that money at a faked SS arm band. Gotta make a mistake to learn I suppose.