Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US M1936 Suspenders...does anybody recognize the stencil?

Article about: Hi Guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I picked up these M1936 suspenders today along with a Korean War USMC M1941 upper pack and M1956 pack suspenders for \\$25. They appear to be marked &quo

?

Default US M1936 Suspenders...does anybody recognize the stencil?

Hi Guys,

I picked up these M1936 suspenders today along with a Korean War USMC M1941 upper pack and M1956 pack suspenders for $25. They appear to be marked "U.S. - V.B.CO. - 1942" and have '4124' stenciled on the outside. Does anybody know what this number might be? Does it refer to a particular serviceman, unit, store code, ship, etc?

Thanks for your help!

I've a pair from the same maker, deffo not a laundry mark.

?

That's good to know René! I just hope those stenciled numbers aren't postwar or something...

Found a shot I took way back

?

That's it! I wonder what it stands for...

NCA
    ?

The 4124 would be the last four digits of the servicemans a.s.n. The stencilling font is unusual...it doesn't usually look like that.

No clue on the makers mark though...maybe theres another kit item out there with the full name?Prehaps they were a small company who only made a short contract for these?As far as I know VBco only made suspenders in 1942...

?

Thanks NCA!

I wonder why he stamped the number on the outside of the suspenders though...

One guess......Having been issued numerous sets of field gear over a 20 year time frame in the Marine Corps - once you have to personally pay for stolen and lost gear, you will start marking it with your name, serial #, or last 4 from your social security number. Usually you mark it where it would not be seen by the supply clerk at turn in, or at an inspection.