Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US web equipment suspenders

Article about: Good morning gents, I picked this up with a few other items that I bought just to get one of them (as we collectors are wont to do!). If I divide the total price paid by the number of items

Default US web equipment suspenders

Good morning gents,

I picked this up with a few other items that I bought just to get one of them (as we collectors are wont to do!). If I divide the total price paid by the number of items I could say this cost me about £5.

I don't collect this stuff so I thought I might get some useful opinion off members here who do.

This is obviously a set of suspenders. I am pretty sure they are US but not so sure about period. My guess is late WWII / Korea.

The hardware is all steel and I can't see any maker, ordnance or other marks at all.
    I expect that a re-enactor has had hold of these at some point because as you can see from the pics something like "Blanco" has been applied in the British style which (I stand to be corrected here) I don't think US pers ever did / do.

Anybody have thoughts on these?

Regards

Mark

US web equipment suspendersUS web equipment suspendersUS web equipment suspendersUS web equipment suspenders
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

They look like standard M1936 suspenders to me, indeed blanco'ed. You can submerge them in a jar with turpentine for a day and give them a gentle scrub, or try hot water to remove it.