Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

US WW2 khaki waterbag anything special?

Article about: Just got this US waterbag dating ww2. Is this anything special, or are these bags common. What would a bag like this go for nowadays? Thanks

Default US WW2 khaki waterbag anything special?

Just got this US waterbag dating ww2. Is this anything special, or are these bags common. What would a bag like this go for nowadays?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images US WW2 khaki waterbag anything special?  US WW2 khaki waterbag anything special?  US WW2 khaki waterbag anything special? 

?

Default re: US WW2 khaki waterbag anything special?

Hi Mikel.

Any chance of a photo or two of it. There were lots of different types in use by the allies in WWII, both vehicle and personnel carried versions.

Regards etc

Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

PS: IGNORE THE ABOVE, THE PICS CAME THROUGH AFTER I HAD POSTED!
    Last edited by jimpy; 11-01-2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Addition

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Mikel.

Any chance of a photo or two of it. There were lots of different types in use by the allies in WWII, both vehicle and personnel carried versions.

Regards etc

Ian D

PS: IGNORE THE ABOVE, THE PICS CAME THROUGH AFTER I HAD POSTED!

So what do you think Jimpy? Any exciting stories on this waterbag? Or just another boring waterbag ( - ;

I think I paid $35 or $40 dollars for a WWII dated OD one a few years
    ago, - which I thought was a bit much - but I 'needed' it.

Strange that the maker and date are on the inside !
    Usually it is found on the outside bottom !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by mikel wallaart View Post
    So what do you think Jimpy? Any exciting stories on this waterbag? Or just another boring waterbag ( - ;
    Hi Mikel;

No such thing as a "boring" piece of militaria as far as I am concerned mate.
    Im not really up to speed on US kit, but to me, it looks like it is the type of collapsible canvas water bucket that was issued as vehicle kit and is frequently seen folded flat, lashed to the back and side stowage racks of tanks, half-tracks and jeeps etc.
    It looks to be in very good condition.

Regards etc
    Ian D
    Last edited by jimpy; 11-02-2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Spelling/grammar

I think they are easy to find. I usually see couple of these pretty frequently compared to other US gear.
    Good example.
    I would pay for your early war bag $25 to $30, maybe few more dollars.

Walkwolf i think you over paid for your bag, i seen them from $12 to $25 depending on condition and dealer. And of course you get few odd balls that are priced like $40 to $50. (mid late war)

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    I think they are easy to find. I usually see couple of these pretty frequently compared to other US gear.
    Good example.
    I would pay for your early war bag $25 to $30, maybe few more dollars.

Walkwolf i think you over paid for your bag, i seen them from $12 to $25 depending on condition and dealer. And of course you get few odd balls that are priced like $40 to $50. (mid late war)
    Well, here at militaria shows in Canada you have to act fast or you might never
    see one again ! It rides strapped to the jerry can on a '42 Willys MB...........

I bet, i am talking from my area of North America. In Canada it probably rarer.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Well, here at militaria shows in Canada you have to act fast or you might never
    see one again ! It rides strapped to the jerry can on a '42 Willys MB...........
    If somebody's interested.. It's up for sale. I don't collect US military but I seem to end up with it all the time