Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

USMC 782 gear

Article about: I've been working on this for a while. It's grey and rainy outside, so a good day to post this. poncho, even with a magnifying glass I can't make out if it says U.S.N or U.S.M. The way the r

really nice collection pete and im really looking forward to seeing your fully decked out mannequin thanks james

Thank you Tomas!

Thanks James, if the weather ever gets nice again, I'll haul it all outside again, I want to see it all together at least once too hehe

Very nice kit. Love that camo pattern. Thanks for
    the step-by-step instruction on how it all
    goes together.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice set of gear. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

I've always liked this camo pattern, it reminds me of duck hunting when I was younger. I always thought it was so interesting how and why this pack system was developed. So that if a Marine found himself in too deep of water, he only had to undo the belt and the whole thing came off, getting rid of all that extra weight, and giving him a chance to swim to shallow water.

Hi Pete, love this thread. I’m trying to do the same myself but still have a way to go. Not much USMC kit turns up in the UK really and purchasing from the US is pretty expensive!

Can I ask if the Carlisle pouch was US stamped on the flap like the army pouches or blank like the rest of the USMC kit?

Cheers, Ian.

USMC 782 gear

Hi Ian, sorry, I thought I had posted a picture of the front when I did this. That's what I get for thinking. It was just one I already had, and it's marked US. I hadn't really done much research on these pouches, so I just added it to the menagerie. I'm still looking for a type 2 or 3 back pack, I've found a couple of the early haversacks, though.

I know how it feels trying to find items that are different. I collect Brit kit mostly, and it does get spendy for certain items.

Hi Paul,

what do people think about these pouches? The Marine Corps was notorious for having its own kit seperate from the army even when the kit appears the same. I know there were many variations but the primary one is the lack of a US stamp. The t-handle shovel cover and the Garand belt are the obvious examples that spring to mind, so what about the Carlisle pouch? I’ve seen some without a US stamp, in fact there’s one for sale on eBay. Any concrete evidence one way or another though?

Cheers in advance,

Ian.

?

2 snaps and round flap corners is Marine if I remeber correctly. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast