Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC Haversack?

Article about: Hello, I bought this haversack and I think it is WW2 USMC. Am i correct? i viewed online others and they didn't look like this. Thanks, Michael

Default USMC Haversack?

Hello,

I bought this haversack and I think it is WW2 USMC. Am i correct? i viewed online others and they didn't look like this.

Thanks,
    Michael

USMC Haversack?USMC Haversack?

Default Re: USMC Haversack?

You are correct. M1941.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

How come I have seen different ones? They are USMC but are they different models?

Thanks,
    Michael

Please show me the ones you looked at.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I saw haversacks like these:

WWII Impressions U.S.M.C. Personal Field Equipment

EARLY USMC M1941 HAVERSACK - Page 3 - FIELD & PERSONAL GEAR - U.S. Militaria Forum

Here are links to some of the websites.

Thanks,
    Michael

Hi Michael, there are fine, as is yours.

here is another link for you:

USMC M1941 Pack Configuration Guide | M1 Pencil

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks, I was also having trouble finding a site to help me set up the pack!
    Thanks for the help,
    Michael

My pleasure. Many moons ago I used to own a rig like that. Now long gone....

Cheers, Ade.

Here's some of the sites I was using. I have mine mostly together, but it still looks in disarray mainly because I need another mannequin(my nephew is in Hawaii, or I'd use him

I have a PDF file of the USMC manual that shows how it looks all together, but they didn't add all of the manual, so it's kind of trial by error. I don't know how to put it on here, or remember the site where I got it from. But the pencil site has it down pretty good, I used that one too.

Your pack is a 4th pattern, with the roll up top. The others had a flap. Are there any markings on it? they did use this into the Vietnam war, too.

I hadn't seen any markings on it at all. Could it have been used in WW2?

Thanks,
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast