Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Water bottles.

Article about: Here's my related water bottles and carriers: Of the two in black felt one has a pronounced flare to the neck and blue enamel, the other later green enamel. The carrier is dated 1918. Any in

Default Re: Water bottles.

Now I have had a second cuppa, I have got the other two pics out. As you can see, they are again group pics taken in front of the Chapel which has not changed today. St John's had no record of the Ruddington section. So I sent them the images. Sadly they never updated their website to reflect this.

My Dad recalls the ambulance being blessed.

One pic (the better one) does show the actual bottle just. See the chap 2nd from the left. My Grandad is 5th from the right.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water bottles.   Water bottles.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Joseph, I do have few. See here, but nothing which shows the bottle:

My Grandad: Clp Isaac Stevenson RA 1915-1919.

I also have a couple of extra group pics not shown, but they are very similar to the other.

Cheers, Ade.
    Great post Ade and you have solved a mystery item for me I don't have the St John qualification badge but I do have the re-qualified bars for 1919 to 1930 I have had them for years not knowing what they are, so I will have to find a qualification badge to go with them and display them with the bottles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water bottles.  

That is great! Pleased to have helped.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

NCA
    ?

I have one these but the shoulder strap stamped with 'British Red Cross'.

I don't see this as a problem: during the war there was a lot of interaction between the two organisations.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I don't see this as a problem: during the war there was a lot of interaction between the two organisations.

Cheers, Ade.
    I came across a reference about this it states" the British red cross society joined with the Saint. Johns during 1939-45 as the war organisation of the British red cross society and Order of Saint. John of Jerusalem".

Hi Joseph, that is correct.

I have a small white cotton drawstring bag marked to that effect in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.

To illustrate the Combining of the two services:

Love the badge another one to look out for.

By the way, I think the CHSS is for Central Hospital Supply Service

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast