Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Water Can

Article about: Interesting find , 1943 dated water can . the top is arrow C marked , hard to make out in the photo . I think is it original paint .

CBH
    ?

Default Water Can

Interesting find , 1943 dated water can . the top is arrow C marked , hard to make out in the photo . I think is it original paint .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water Can   Water Can  

Water Can  

Default Re: Water Can

GSW also made helmets, cool find.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice find indeed. I believe these were known as Flimsy cans?

CBH
    ?

It is a pretty flimsy can , I remember having a small one growing up that was used as a fuel can for the lawnmower . I think it was the type used on water cooled machine guns , but it's long gone now . Thanks for the replies .

GSW is General Steel Wares Limited, originally a tinsmith shop opened in 1847 by John McClary, located in London, Ontario. From 1927 to 1958 they were GSW of Canada making housewares, cans for foodstuffs and other sheet metal products. During the war they made a number of size containers for POW. This can hold 2 imperial gallons and is commonly called a "toucan". Is not a flimsy as they held 4 imperial gallons and were of square footprint and lighter gage sheet metal, packaged 2 to a wooden box. The standard British colour for Water cans (20 liter jerricans) was black with white painted markings, however I have a 1955 UK toucan made by Valor, painted gray with white Water on the right side. I would agree the paint is original, a very nice specimen.