Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?

Article about: Hello, can you help me? I have a weight of a "rod burn bomb" I thought it was British but then there was "Mark V". What is that bomb? Which country? "WCL" can b

Default a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?

Hello, can you help me? I have a weight of a "rod burn bomb"
    I thought it was British but then there was "Mark V". What is that bomb? Which country?

"WCL" can be "W&L"

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?   a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?  

It looks like a British designed (adopted by the Americans) 4lb Incendiary nose weight, could you provide a picture of it laying flat as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?  

YouTube
    It is interesting that they use a jet of water on these incendiary bombs in the video as British Home Front advice was always to use a fine spray or mist on the bomb and a jet on the furniture.

Thanks, a very interesting video. Later the bombs habe explosive Inside.
    @Roger: i only have the 6-Edge Weight.

Quote by Dickdan007 View Post
    Thanks, a very interesting video. Later the bombs habe explosive Inside.
    @Roger: i only have the 6-Edge Weight.
    I think it was a small anti personnel charge to put off people from putting out the fires but I think that is a different type.

I am just interested to see the side length and end of the weight as it might help determine the MK of the bomb for sure.

OK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?   a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?  

a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?  

one more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker?  

British I.B. 4-lb. Mk IV [10] type incendiary bomb. Top: complete device, nose is red, Middle: dud found without the tin plate tail, Bottom: the remains after burning. RAF Bomber Command dropped 80,000,000 of these 4 lb incendiary bombs during World War II. The 4 lb bomb was also used by the US as the "AN-M50".
    Attached Images Attached Images a weight of a Rod burn bomb - witch marker? 

Thank you, you are great!