Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

what is this ... a fuel can cap , a piece of ordnance ???

Article about: Came to me in a mixed lot of WW2 stuff I bought . External diameter c 3 inches. Unscrews into 2 parts . On the top it is stamped 'LOCK - UNLOCK' , on the base it states ' No. 42 MARK IV' and

RAD
    ?

Default what is this ... a fuel can cap , a piece of ordnance ???

Came to me in a mixed lot of WW2 stuff I bought . External diameter c 3 inches. Unscrews into 2 parts . On the top it is stamped 'LOCK - UNLOCK' , on the base it states ' No. 42 MARK IV' and 'LOT ' plus a date 7 /44 . what is this ... a fuel can cap  , a piece of ordnance ???what is this ... a fuel can cap  , a piece of ordnance ???what is this ... a fuel can cap  , a piece of ordnance ???what is this ... a fuel can cap  , a piece of ordnance ???

It looks a lot like one of these to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this ... a fuel can cap  , a piece of ordnance ???  

RAD
    ?

Quote by Roger M View Post
    It looks a lot like one of these to me.
    it does , thank you so much ... do you know what this fuze was used on please ?

I think it is for Aircraft flares which I gather from here Bombs and Fuzes, Section 4: British Fuzes; Fuze No. 42 Marks I & II

but it is not my area of collecting and yours is a MKIV so may have another application so someone with more knowledge may come along and help. It a cool thing though !

RAD
    ?

Quote by Roger M View Post
    I think it is for Aircraft flares which I gather from here Bombs and Fuzes, Section 4: British Fuzes; Fuze No. 42 Marks I & II

but it is not my area of collecting and yours is a MKIV so may have another application so someone with more knowledge may come along and help. It a cool thing though !
    very useful , thank you so much .