Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Why Blanco Webbing?

Article about: by Jerry B Yes indeed black was for tankers! Fab, James has a nice set of 1944 dated tankers overalls so the belt will match well. Just need to get a Tankers holster now and we might have a

Default Re: Why Blanco Webbing?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Yes indeed black was for tankers!
    Fab, James has a nice set of 1944 dated tankers overalls so the belt will match well. Just need to get a Tankers holster now and we might have a new mannequin to display.

Default Re: Why Blanco Webbing?

This thread that I posted sometime ago may help - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equip...ebbing-113677/

Unfortunately I deleted the pictures of my webbing by accident. In a nutshell black webbing was used by the RAC and Canadians (amongst others) during the war, however, it was used a lot post war by cadets

I'll add this link to your thread for all of your webbing needs! Karkee Web

This is only a thought, but I'm fairly sure I've seen pictures of Home guard members using Blacked gaiters ?

?

When I was in the cadets in early 1980s we had black gaiters for a time. I don't remember exactly now, but I would imagine that they were 40s or 50s vintage. Apart from the pullovers and DP camo stuff most off what we used was wartime vintage - rifles, webbing, even radios, I think.

blanco = BS=idol hands =mischief.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2