Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 1943 M36 Mk1 Mills Bomb Grenade

Article about: Hi all, i recently purchased my first m36 mills bomb, i have wanted one since i started collecting but never found one for the price i wanted to pay. What do you guys think? I know these are

Thanks for the information, no not at all it is fun, although if you pull the pin with the base plug off and the firing striker fires out hitting you in the hip it does hurt... a lot.

Cheers
    Harry

Hi Harry, yes pin still attached, found in Northern France. There's a lot of live shells still to be found there. If you look in the corner of the Farmers field you can sometimes find them.( found by the framer when ploughs the field) A crazy Frenchman is employed collects them and takes them SOMEWHERE !?!

My brother and I played catch with it for a while, then practised our hand throwing skills and eventually throw in a ditch for another day. Could not bring it home on the ferry or get searched at Dover customs. This was at the height of the London bombings.
    Still do not think we are as crazy as NCA.
    Regards SK

very nice ,here's my kenrick and sons exampleWW2 1943 M36 Mk1 Mills Bomb GrenadeWW2 1943 M36 Mk1 Mills Bomb GrenadeWW2 1943 M36 Mk1 Mills Bomb Grenade
    Regards James

This is my Canadian made example https://hatchfive.wordpress.com/2014.../no36-grenade/

Ed

NCA
    ?

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi Harry, yes pin still attached, found in Northern France. There's a lot of live shells still to be found there. If you look in the corner of the Farmers field you can sometimes find them.( found by the framer when ploughs the field) A crazy Frenchman is employed collects them and takes them SOMEWHERE !?!

My brother and I played catch with it for a while, then practised our hand throwing skills and eventually throw in a ditch for another day. Could not bring it home on the ferry or get searched at Dover customs. This was at the height of the London bombings.
    Still do not think we are as crazy as NCA.
    Regards SK
    You played catch with a possibly live grenade and you call me crazy??!!!

nice, already sectioned i see, may be worth finding the other parts for display.

cheers

Harry

very nice mills, is the website yours? i like the article of the small pack contents, i almost nearly have a full pack myself.

Cheers

Harry

?

Did someone say collecting these is addictive??? LOL
    The most common Canadian M 36 was made by Frost & Wood and the F&W is cast into the front of the body below the filler screw, you can see the markings on the 36 closest to the center of the Grenades that are not dug up

Dean O
    Canada

WW2 1943 M36 Mk1 Mills Bomb GrenadeWW2 1943 M36 Mk1 Mills Bomb Grenade

Hi all, can someone tell me the meaning of the yellow painted band? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2