Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas Mask

Article about: Here is another item I picked up today..I never knew they made gas masks for Dogs...as I have just got home I have not done any research on this one yet.. it has to really rare. Dean O

?

Default WW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas Mask

Here is another item I picked up today..I never knew they made gas masks for Dogs...as I have just got home I have not done any research on this one yet.. it has to really rare.

Dean O

WW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas MaskWW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas MaskWW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas MaskWW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas MaskWW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas MaskWW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas MaskWW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas MaskWW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas Mask

I had a Mother in law that would have fit...Nice find, btw! Definitely not on your average collectors shelf!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very rare, have never seen this version before, congratulations.

A new one for me!.....

That could probably tell a tail or two....

Alright, I'm going!

Quote by William1 View Post
    That could probably tell a tail or two....

Alright, I'm going!
    Get your coat William!......

Very nice rare item. I believe they were available for 'civilian' dogs as well as dogs used in the military (although when you think about it they were only of use to messagener dogs because they couldn't sniff out mines or bite anybody whilst wearing one!)

Dogs were widely used during the war for a variety of tasks, including sentry animals-horses also had gas masks and of course even those horrific baby pattern units-any one or thing of value needed to be protected from the rain of gas weapons that had been considered likely to start raining down on the forces and population from day 1 of a general war in 1939.

?

Thank you for your comments Guys!!!

DEan

?

Dog on it Dean you come across some interesting items it would be good to be able to compliment your thread with a couple of period images.
    Some were I vaguely remember seeing an instruction book for the proper application of these types of masks I just can't remember if it was on line or were it was if I come upon it I will add it to the thread.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast