Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 british motor bike?

Article about: Not really a BSA geek, i'm more of a Bren gun geek. I only know a little about the WM20 through trying to locate the correct parts for my bike. They only made about 7000 of my version which

?

Question WW2 british motor bike?

I am posting this for a friend. He bought this really cheap and the seller claims it is a british military motor bike used in ww2 1940...

I know nothing about motor bikes used in ww2 but i would be suprised if that information is correct, but who knows..

My friend appreciate all information given on this bike.

(I know it is a bad picture but it's all he have, he got the picture from the guy he bought it from and my friend does not have a digital camera so he could not take hes own picture... :P)

Attachment 200079

Default Re: WW2 british motor bike?

Post WWII BSA M/C. John.

?

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    Post WWII BSA M/C. John.

Thanks John! Is it a military bike or civilian?

If anyone have any other information, whatever it may be, It will be apreciated.

Thanks

Agreed - 1950's commercial motorcycle.

Military bikes would never have a fancy company logo on their tanks.
    There are also too many chrome/polished parts showing.

Nice bike though !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I would think it is a BSA B31 350cc made around 1953

Its a late 1950s BSA M20 or 21, the seller probably thinks its a WM20 which was rigid/girder fork bike. The B31 is a smaller OHV and dosn't have the side car lugs like the photo.

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Its a late 1950s BSA M20 or 21, the seller probably thinks its a WM20 which was rigid/girder fork bike. The B31 is a smaller OHV and dosn't have the side car lugs like the photo.
    Hey well done. I didnt see the side car luggs!BSA made a M20 civillian model which has a 500cc engine and the early ones were side valve.The engine on this one looks like one

Hi lewo7, The M20 started life as a civilian bike back in 36/37 as the JM20, and then developed into the KM20 in 1938. In 1939 the year letter changed from K to W so the WM20 was born. All wartime production stayed as WM20 rather than change the year code. These WM20s were rigid rears and girder forks, some early bikes like my own 1939 were deluxe models which were intended for civilian use but taken on my the military. BSA were still selling their motorcycles abroad well into 1940. After the war about 1947 I think it was, BSA were selling the M20 rigid girder as the ZM20 and then the tele rear and tele forked ZM20 too. All M20s had 500cc side valve engines, regardless of year, the M21 progressed along the same lines, using the same frames and basic engine, only the engine was a 600cc sidevalve which was better for sidecar work.

?

Wow bobby! Are you a BSA geek?lol Seriously though, I know enough to know that you woulldnt want to sit on that saddle for to long a distance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast