MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

WW2 British Tommy helmet

Article about: Have a nice afternoon mates!It will be nice to have your opinion for this nice ww2 british helemt i've just foundMany thanksThe liner i think it's dated 1940

Default Re: WW2 British Tommy helmet

I just e-mailed the seller for the postage costs.I'll think about it

A last question before i purchase this nice helmet.It is an army issue not a civilian organization such as ARP issue.Am i right?

Its a military grade helmet as it lacks the small holes in the rim to indicate sub-standard steel for civillian issue. However, military grade helmets were used by front line civil defence organisations, so it depends on the paint work. There are no civilian organisation symbols visible, (and ARP and rescue workers helmets are usually painted black with letters on the front) so I would assume it was army issue. I cant see what colour the paintwork originally was, I would expect it to be a dull green for an army issue one, (though fire service helmets are also green, but with a fire service decal at the front) if its greyish I might suspect Navy or RAF issue.

I did think it was desert painted, so took a bit of a punt at 8th Army. Not really my field though so I defer to the experience of the guys. I'm behind enemy lines here really as I'm a Stahlhelm kind of guy Auf wiedersehen kameraden

Ok mates.Is it ''bad'' that the liner is double-stamped??Thanks for your time and help

I dont see any reason for concern about that.

I just ordered it.Douglas and other mates thank you again for your priceless help.Now my ww2 British soldier has onother part of the gear!!!!!!!!!

Mates,Mates Good evening.I have a problem here.I paid for the helmet at Friday night.The seller dont answer to me e-mails and he hasn't sent the helmet yet according to the E-bay summary.What should i do?

AIF
    ?

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    Mates,Mates Good evening.I have a problem here.I paid for the helmet at Friday night.The seller dont answer to me e-mails and he hasn't sent the helmet yet according to the E-bay summary.What should i do?
    Don't stress just yet If the helmet doesn't get sent do a paypal claim.

up, not all sellers on ebay are as fast to ship as your are to pay. I paid for a canteen cover on the 26th and he just shipped it today. Maybe the seller has a job that takes him away from home for a day or 2.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast