Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

WW2 British Tommy helmet

Article about: Have a nice afternoon mates!It will be nice to have your opinion for this nice ww2 british helemt i've just foundMany thanksThe liner i think it's dated 1940

Default Re: WW2 British Tommy helmet

Thanks guys for the help.The seller contact me and shipped the helmet today!!

Hello mates.Today finally my helmet arrived.The shell is dated 1939 ,made by the EC&Co Ltd(E Camelinat & Co Ltd,Birmingham London.The liner is made by JCS & W Ltd(J.Conpton Sons & Webb Ltd, London Uk) and dated probably 1940 'cause it is double stamped but the liner itself it is the first pattern so 1938 to 1940(I think).To the ''problem' know.As i was searching the liner i found a broadsarrow with a O or a C(i cant see them very good) in the middle( notice that isn't a standard Canadian "C" including a broadsarrow).So can be a Canadian stamp on a UK made liner?! I have to mention that this strange stamp has under it a number 31 or something like this.Many Thanks for your time and helpWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmet

- - Updated - -

The strange stamp is in the last photo but unfortunatly my camera isn't the best

I first think that was a British made helmet that was given to Canada

Just found the same stamp on a liner at the web.The site says that stands for quality control WW2 British Tommy helmet

Another one...WW2 British Tommy helmet

I think they are just normal inspection stamps, and nothing to do with Canada. Nice helmet.

By the way I am having a clear out to make some space and have some items that need a good home to go to. There are two British ammo pouches, 42 and 44 dated, a water bottle (cover is 42 dated) 1938 copy of personal protection against gas, and a full set of anti gas ointment tubes in tin, 1941 dated. If you want any (or all) of these things, send me your address in a private message and I will send them to you as a gift. If you don't want any of these things for any reason, let me know and I will give them to somebody else.

Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Tommy helmet   WW2 British Tommy helmet  

WW2 British Tommy helmet  

What a decent thing to do!

Douglas I am really much obliged

No problem, I thought of you because I thought you might particularly appreciate them. Will get them in the post to you later in the week.

Ok then. If anyone has a different opinion for the above stamp i will be happy to hear it

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast