Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

WW2 British Tommy helmet

Article about: Have a nice afternoon mates!It will be nice to have your opinion for this nice ww2 british helemt i've just foundMany thanksThe liner i think it's dated 1940

Default Re: WW2 British Tommy helmet

So mates i have a final question.My friend douglas had said that this helmet maybe discoloured for rust,i think he has a point.I have noticed that there are paint drops at some points.Is it normal?Can be a ww2 era repainted or Douglas is right? Thanks for the help

Ohhh! I am feeling my heart beating fast from the stress.The reason?I just found for sale a tommy helmet that has the same shiny green paint with my helmet's inside.The seller says that is a Home front/home guard helmet.Can it be mine the same?.Some photos...( also i took off the liner and i found a label attached to it)WW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmet

The sticky label is within the last 10-15 years or so.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes, I don't think that sticky label is relevant. It looks like a modern pricing tag but your helmet is an original war time one, so I imagine its just fallen in there and got stuck to the lining..

Hi mates.I took off the rust from the shell and i took a photo of the paint that ''came up'' in some spots.(the rust maybe weathered the original paint) I am waiting for your opinion.Civil or Army issue?Many thanks.I appreciated a lot that you are helping me to find the ''truth'' for my war itemsWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmet

- - Updated - -

The second photo is from the inside

?

As to the stamp I believe douglas is 100% correct they are quality control stamps the Canadian C/Broad arrow stamps are different the arrow should always be inside of the C
    IMO it stands a good chance of being a combat grade lid it still looks to me that it has being over painted at some time in it's life as you can see were the paint was running down the helmets exterior now weather this was done post war or war time is another question of course but I like it

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 British Tommy helmet 

Kozowy thank you for the comment.I dont know if that was rust of a ''gold'' paint.Whatever it was ,where is only a little left as I took it of to present the real paint( i dont think that a factory painted so bad a helmet with the paint running down as you said)

Good evening mates.Photos from today work at the shellWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmetWW2 British Tommy helmet

- - Updated - -

the photos weren't taken at sunlight

I think that now the under colour is clear

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast