Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

WW2 British Tommy helmet

Article about: Have a nice afternoon mates!It will be nice to have your opinion for this nice ww2 british helemt i've just foundMany thanksThe liner i think it's dated 1940

Default Re: WW2 British Tommy helmet

Quote by canti44 View Post
    Edelweiss I was doing a bit of research this week on my South African mk2 and learned that many 8th army desert-painted lids were overpainted green when the troops were readied for the invasion of Italy after the successful conclusion of the North African Campaign. You never know, your green-painted lid may have been done in the field. If I can find the link I was reading the other day I'll edit it back in this post for you to have a look.

Incidentally, the 70th Anniversary of the end of the North African Campaign was Monday, and the 70th anniversary of the dambuster's raid was yesterday which offers an interesting series of timelines!
    It does indeed! If you can find that link it would be fantastic, would love to take a look. Thanks.
    P.S, i'll stop hijacking this thread now

Vicky how you understand that Dougla's helmet its a South African made?

- - Updated - -

Quote by The woodpecker View Post

- - Updated - -

It is not SA, it is just that it was desert camo that led to the discussion of SA helmets, I think. Sorry to answer for Vicky, not really my place perhaps.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry's right, sorry for any confusion

Ok then.What do you think for my helmet Vicky.I'' apreciate your opinion.Many Thanks

Hey, i think its a nice example. At the end of the day, everybody has to start somewhere, and this is a good piece. Yes, you will find better examples, but that is the same with 99% of militaria, if you are happy with it, that's all that matters at the end of the day. Regarding the restoration, i cant comment because im still umming and arrring about what to do with mine so to comment would be hypocritical. If i see any good ones over here i will give you a shout

I wont restore/repaint my helmet.I''l continue taking of the odd paint and the rust

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    I wont restore/repaint my helmet.I''l continue taking of the odd paint and the rust
    Ok, just bear in mind what Jerry has said and others, sometimes the post war paint is part of the helmets history.

You are right but that ,i think,wasn't a military factory repainting acording to the paint's splits.I forgot previously to ask something.Can i, please, see a example of a ww2 era RAF or Royal Navy tommy helmet?Thanks

Also what Mk is my chinstrap?Sorry for the ''rain'' of questions.Thanks

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7