Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2, British/US Mail Bag

Article about: Hi everyone, i posted earlier about a WW2 Mail sack i had been offered. Well, i went to see it and decided to purchase it. It is stamped US mail on the material, but under the leather flap i

Default WW2, British/US Mail Bag

Hi everyone, i posted earlier about a WW2 Mail sack i had been offered. Well, i went to see it and decided to purchase it. It is stamped US mail on the material, but under the leather flap it says Patterson and Stone, Walsall, 1945 and has broad arrow stamps aswell as what appears to be a shape which looks like the flaming grenade?

Does anyone have any suggestions why there are these conflicting markings? The only thing i can find is that they may have been commissioned in England for the US market?

Thanks guys as always
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2, British/US Mail Bag   WW2, British/US Mail Bag  

Default Re: WW2, British/US Mail Bag

After a brief bit of research i came across this one: Sorry about uploading a link will copy info and pics later.
    U.S.Mail Bag 1940's Leather And Canvas | eBay

I think that is a good item from ww2 History.With 2 ww2 dated british letters and a photo showing a soldier reading letters from home you will have a great display

Thank you! He says he has a kit bag full of letter that his father wrote to his mother which he is going to sort out for us. He's not interested in keeping them so said he wouldnt mind letting them on to us. Also letters from a local polish prisoner of war camp.

That is interesting.Thanks for showning it

Good item. Brit made for US Forces.

I always wanted one of these when I collected US kit back in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    He says he has a kit bag full of letter that his father wrote to his mother which he is going to sort out for us. He's not interested in keeping them so said he wouldnt mind letting them on to us. Also letters from a local polish prisoner of war camp.
    It's absolutley beyond me how people can part with their family histories for what amounts to a few quid but maybe that's the hoarder in me.

Quote by canti44 View Post
    It's absolutley beyond me how people can part with their family histories for what amounts to a few quid but maybe that's the hoarder in me.
    I know, he says his children aren't interested and dont understand so he'd prefer them to go to someone who will appreciate them.

That' s a nice interesting example. The leather parts were produced up to 1943/44. (Early type) By 1944 they replace the leather parts with webbing materials, an all webbing mail bag. (Late type)
    Thank you for posting.

Best regards,
    Taka