Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww2 British Waterbottle

Article about: Hello fellow collectors.Few days ago i got this nice ww2 British waterbottle and just thinking if it's genuine.Any ideas?.Many thanks Cheers, Woody

Default ww2 British Waterbottle

Hello fellow collectors.Few days ago i got this nice ww2 British waterbottle and just thinking if it's genuine.Any ideas?ww2 British Waterbottleww2 British Waterbottleww2 British Waterbottleww2 British Waterbottle.Many thanks Cheers, Woody

Default Re: ww2 British Waterbottle

Looks good to me

Vicky

thank you vicky

Agree with Vicky, it looks a fine period original.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice to see it with the original stopper. Ive seen loads where someone has just cut a bit of cork to fit.

ok,that's good

?

Good looking piece mate, only thing that you need to get now is either an early 37ptn "skeleton" carrier or late 37ptn "pocket sleeve" carrier for it, both of which are fairly common and not too bad price wise, even for WWII dated ones.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: BTW, the only way that you will be able to confirm the actual age of the waterbottle is to remove the cover by unpicking the stitching on the base section of the wool cover as the date was/is usually stamped into the enamelling on the base. Be warned though, if you do this, you will have an absolute bitch of a job getting the cover back together neatly!!
    Personally, I would advise against this, and leave it as is.
    Last edited by jimpy; 01-24-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Addition

?

Unissued post-war examples which I have observed without the felt cover fitted have had the date ink stamped on the bottom of the bottle. Without the benefit of being able to examine this saying it is 100% war-time production is impossible to say.

Quote by jimpy View Post

Good looking piece mate, only thing that you need to get now is either an early 37ptn "skeleton" carrier or late 37ptn "pocket sleeve" carrier for it, both of which are fairly common and not too bad price wise, even for WWII dated ones.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: BTW, the only way that you will be able to confirm the actual age of the waterbottle is to remove the cover by unpicking the stitching on the base section of the wool cover as the date was/is usually stamped into the enamelling on the base. Be warned though, if you do this, you will have an absolute bitch of a job getting the cover back together neatly!!
    Personally, I would advise against this, and leave it as is.
    I bought a ww2 british waterbottle carrier few hours ago from the ebay

I thought that were not constructed post war !! Am i wrong??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast