Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G

Article about: Hi Guys, another mint unissued item from my collection and it goes along nicely with my Vickers MMG. This item was designed to enable the solider to carry two full boxes of ammo on his back.

Default WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G

Hi Guys, another mint unissued item from my collection and it goes along nicely with my Vickers MMG.

This item was designed to enable the solider to carry two full boxes of ammo on his back. (500 rounds) The back has two large pads on it to help ease the weight on the soldiers back.

Made by the prolific Mills Equipment Co and dated 1944.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G   WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G  

WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G

500 rounds thats a fair weight!!! I'm glad they put on the padded bits very nice of them!!!....Cheers Terry.

Would Adrian or another kind member post a pic of type of ammo box to fit in 500 round carrier ammunition type A,ive only armoured and maxim wooden boxes and they dont appear to fit so good.
    Heres a pic of inside of mine,i at first thought it was a radio bag.Thanks,Colin.WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G

Wrecker- I think your carrier is for two hot food containers rather than ammo boxes. There's a good section on equipment carriers in 'Equipment of the WW2 Tommy'. The ammunition carrier in the original post fits the wooden ammo boxes used for .303 in bandoliers or belted.

I havnt got that book my self,and cant see any on interweb,the holes allow for a max size of 14" x 7 x 7",so if anyone can add any more to the story i would be grateful,Colin.

Credit to David Gordon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G   WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.G  

Ahh,well done HMS Warspite,i see it all now,round containers,super.

?

Excellent example as always Ade! Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks to Warspite too for sharing some further information on these specialty packs!

?

Default this wooden box its british help???????????

WW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.GWW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.GWW2 British web Carriers, Ammunition, Vickers M.M.Gbritish wooden box??????????????