Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US webbing for Sale on Gumtree. Real or Repro?

Article about: I have just seen this little collection on Gumtree and sent the seller an e-mail asking whether it's repro or original. Seems too good to be true at £40. Should he respond and say he doesn't

Default WW2 US webbing for Sale on Gumtree. Real or Repro?

I have just seen this little collection on Gumtree and sent the seller an e-mail asking whether it's repro or original. Seems too good to be true at £40. Should he respond and say he doesn't know for example, what do people here think? There seems to be a lot of repro gear for sale in Ireland at the moment, possibly film costume? I'd hate to miss out on a bargain but it seems to be too new looking.

ww2 webbing set in Ardboe, County Londonderry | Hobbies, Interests & Collectibles for Sale | Gumtree.com

Default Re: WW2 US webbing for Sale on Gumtree. Real or Repro?

Actually, I think this is the same guy selling this WW2 airborne jump-suit at £45. Did they film any of the Band of Brother's episodes in Ireland?? Still, it's still cheap for a repro suit.

WW2 101ST AIRBORNE JUMPSUIT in Ardboe, County Tyrone | Hobbies, Interests & Collectibles for Sale | Gumtree.com

Looks to me that the shovel carrier may be an original peice but the rest does look as though it is "brand new".That said either way it is well worth the asking price and if it was a band of brothers film prop it's a nice bit of movie history!!

?

Yep its all repro gear, that goes for the m1942 jump suit too, the webbing looks like the Miltec stuff or similar.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

As said all is repro