Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI .303 British Bandolier???

Article about: I bought several bandoliers at an estate sale that held what I Believe is Iraq .303 British ammo. Three of The bandoliers are a greenish color and unmarked while the fourth is a brown color

?

Default WWI .303 British Bandolier???

I bought several bandoliers at an estate sale that held what I Believe is Iraq .303 British ammo. Three of The bandoliers are a greenish color and unmarked while the fourth is a brown color and marked as in the picture with what looks like a WWWI date! I understand that the wire hook arrangement was first introduced in 1916. I don’t think that the Iraq ammo is original to the bandolier pictured but was just a good place to store some of the guys loose ammo. Any thoughts or verification of the markings. The markings pictured are the only ones I saw.
    WWI .303 British Bandolier???WWI .303 British Bandolier???WWI .303 British Bandolier???WWI .303 British Bandolier???

?

The blurred marking could be an S as in S B like the sticky shows!!!!

?

The filling dates are normally very clear. A large quanity of .303 ammunition in Bandoliers was sold on to the US market some years ago. A lot of the Bandoliers subsequently ended up on the UK market. All the ones I observed had at least 2 or not 3 filling dates starting with WW1 and ending in either the 1930's or 40's. Not sure about your example

?

Might be Canadian, I think they used a similar style