Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of Photos

Article about: canvas weight is another factor. example shown weighs in at 3lb. 5ozs

Default Re: WWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of Photos

Thanks chaps

The pictures of my assault vest are already on the forum but here it is again. 100% genuine article, John.WWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of Photos

?

Hi Mark

here’s a few of what I believe to be a genuine early model, the sand coloured versions were only used for training in the main and as a result I think there would be little demand for a reproduction one, I have certainly never thought of adding a sand coloured model to my range as there is far to much time and effort tied up in making one of these to do it in a shade of canvas which will make it even harder to sell.

Basically these are similar to the Chocolate Brown models used on D-day but they are not the same, there are some technical points regarding the way certain components are finished which differs from the latter model, hence this is why I think this a genuine one it ticks all the right boxes.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Thanks Nige most useful. The one I have seen was in an auction only a picture of part of it see attached.

regards

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of Photos 

?

Hi Guys
    Mark mentioned this to me and arfter a chat etc I let him have a go at it till he reached his limit then I stepped in and took a chance with it was it worth it ? well I think so once I had it in my hands what do you think ? steve

WWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of PhotosWWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of Photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII British Assault Vest...Real or Fake...Lots of Photos  

nye
    ?

Hi all, After much searching on google for 'soft kit m&co 1943' etc. I have finally figured out that what i have is a british assualt jerkin its the chocolate one with back pouches etc. it was found in the old rectory whitchurch which i beleive was some kind of listening station during ww2? After reading this blog i'm considering selling it and i was hoping for some advice as to where best to do that and what to ask for it. I quite like it so i wouldnt really be interested in selling for less than 150 for example. Its size small i'll add photos if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3